Who do you call? What do you need to do? This section will try to answer all your questions at this stressful and often, confusing time. It’s the place to come to when you need somewhere to turn and someone to provide you the answers.
- Religious TraditionsFamilies who are dealing with the impending death of a loved one or, even more unfortunate, an unexpected death, are faced with an end-of-life process that is largely unfamiliar and uncharted territory. That goes as well for the religious traditions connected with funerals, burial and cremation. For many families who need to plan a funeral,
- 3 Myths About Funerals and End of LifeBecause death and end of life have traditionally been difficult subjects for us to talk about, there are many misconceptions that add stress as families plan funerals and end of life services. Here are some of the most common. Myth #1: There Are No Ways to Make Funerals or Cremations Less Stressful. The loss of
- What To Say and Not To Say To Those Who Have Just Lost A Loved One.Many of us feel uncomfortable about attending visitations and funeral services because we just don’t know what to say to the bereaved. We want to comfort the family, to offer our help, to show our support, but we are afraid of saying the wrong thing, and afraid of saying nothing at all. After the funeral,
- Funeral Etiquette: Helping Children Through The Funeral ProcessFor a child, experiencing a death can be even more devastating than for an adult. Children of all ages have too little life experience to put the death into any kind of meaningful perspective, and also have less ability to communicate their feelings. Therefore, it is essential that children be guided carefully and thoughtfully through
- Keys To Reducing Funeral Stress1. Even in an emergency, you have more time than you think. One of the greatest causes of stress around planning and arranging a funeral—especially an unexpected one, is that you have to do it in a very short time. Trying to plan a funeral in just a couple of days can be extremely stressful,
- What To Do When Someone DiesAn Unexpected Death, What to do in the first few hours Sometimes death comes without warning. The most common causes are heart attacks, and accidents. But sometimes, people just die without warning—in their sleep. We are going about our lives and suddenly, with the unexpected loss of a loved one, everything has changed for us.