Cawley & Peoples Funeral Homes
Founded in 1869 as Schneider Undertaking, by Franz Schneider and son Chris, the business was located where the funeral home exists today. In 1913, it was purchased by Henry Spies and son, George who moved the business across Main Street. Ownership transferred in 1947 to Robert S. Peoples. In 1980, his son Bill moved the business back to its original location. Bill and Pat Peoples are proud to continue a tradition which has involved six generations of three families over the past 142 years.