Williamson Memorial Gardens
Williamson Memorial Funeral Home and Cremation Services is a family owned and operated facility. Williamson Memorial Gardens was developed in 1959 and owned by Ed & Marion Warren and Billy & Ruby Henry. As time evolved, the original owners eventually sold to Clyde Stephens. Clyde had been employed by the owners as the cemetery manager. Clyde started his career in 1969 at the former Franklin Memorial Chapel on West Main Street where he worked under the direction of Ed Warren. After Mr. Warren's Death, Clyde knew that he had to carry on the tradition of funeral service in a manner that Ed Warren had done in his lifetime. In 1980, Clyde and Nellie Stephens made the decision to start construction of Williamson Memorial Funeral Home and cremation services on site of Williamson Memorial Gardens. While construction was in progress, Williamson Memorial Funeral Home and Cremation Services operated in a temporary location on Beasley Drive. Several funerals were conducted as soon as the funeral home opened because families knew that Clyde would go that extra mile to serve their family. Construction was completed in 1981 and Clyde, Nellie and the help of their two sons, David and Gary who worked in the cemetery, started the legacy of Williamson Memorial Funeral Home and Gardens. In 1995, their daughter Pam came into the business. In 2005 the third generation of the Stephens family joined the firm. Casey, Chris Stephens and Mandi Marlin all work at the funeral home as licensed Funeral Directors meeting all of the day to day demands that the funeral home requires.